It struck me a lot of what I read, and what I have to read on my bedside table, falls into the mystery/thriller genre, so this challenge looked ideal. I may also be a little addicted to challenges at the moment *blush*
Anyway, here are Book Chick City’s rules:
- Timeline: 01 Jan 2011 – 31 Dec 2011
- Rules: To read TWELVE (12) mystery & suspense novels in 2011 (12 is the minimum but you can read more if you wish!)
- You don’t have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.
- You can join anytime between now and the later part of next year.
- At the beginning of Jan 2011, you will find a link to specific month to add your reviews. There will be a monthly prize too courtesy of the lovely Simon & Schuster – you must be signed up to the challenge and add the link to your review to be entered into the monthly prize draw.
2011 Mystery & Suspense Reading Challenge books (updated as I read them):
1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke – Completed January 2, 2011
2. Gone Tomorrow by Lee Child – Completed January 14, 2011
3. 61 Hours by Lee Child – Completed January 16, 2011
4. Worth Dying For by Lee Child – Completed January 20, 2011
5. Hotter After Midnight by Cynthia Eden – Completed January 26, 2011
6. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson – Completed February 6, 2011
7. Killing Floor by Lee Child – Completed February 17, 2011
8. Feed by Mira Grant – Completed April 14, 2011
9. Necrophenia by Robert Rankin – Completed April 17, 2011
10. Cut & Run by Madeleine Urban and Abigail Roux – Completed April 23, 2011
11. Bad Luck and Trouble by Lee Child – Completed April 26, 2011
12. The List by J.A. Konrath – Completed August 6, 2011