Happy New Year, everyone! Well, I’m done with my 2011 reading challenges, and have surpassed my expectations – and those of the challenge rules – by quite a bit over the last year!
I read a lot of the mystery/thriller genre, so this challenge was ideal for me. Book Chick City‘s rules were:
- Timeline: 01 Jan 2011 – 31 Dec 2011
- Rules: To read TWELVE (12) mystery & suspense novels in 2011 (12 is the minimum but you can read more if you wish!)
- You don’t have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.
- You can join anytime between now and the later part of next year.
- At the beginning of Jan 2011, you will find a link to specific month to add your reviews. There will be a monthly prize too courtesy of the lovely Simon & Schuster – you must be signed up to the challenge and add the link to your review to be entered into the monthly prize draw.
Now, there are many different sub-genres of mystery and suspense – you can choose from the numerous sub-genres, from cosy mysteries such as Agatha Christie to the more hard-boiled kind like V I Warshawski by Sara Paretsky, or romantic suspense written by the likes of Linda Howard, forensic crime such as those written by Kathy Reichs and even paranormal/supernatural suspense such as Kelley Armstrong. I’m sure this challenge will have something for everyone!
I was lucky enough to win one of the monthly prizes – Deadly Intent by Lynda La Plante, so thank you very much Book Chick City and Simon & Schuster for the prize.
So here are my books and the links to my reviews. I managed 22 for the year – 10 more than the challenge required – yay! I’m sure I probably read others that could have fallen into the category too if I had thought a bit harder about it.
2011 Mystery & Suspense Reading Challenge books:
1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke – Completed January 2, 2011
2. Gone Tomorrow by Lee Child – Completed January 14, 2011
3. 61 Hours by Lee Child – Completed January 16, 2011
4. Worth Dying For by Lee Child – Completed January 20, 2011
5. Hotter After Midnight by Cynthia Eden – Completed January 26, 2011
6. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson – Completed February 6, 2011
7. Killing Floor by Lee Child – Completed February 17, 2011
8. Feed by Mira Grant – Completed April 14, 2011
9. Necrophenia by Robert Rankin – Completed April 17, 2011
10. Cut & Run by Madeleine Urban and Abigail Roux – Completed April 23, 2011
11. Bad Luck and Trouble by Lee Child – Completed April 26, 2011
12. The List by J.A. Konrath – Completed August 6, 2011
13. Echo Burning by Lee Child – Completed August 26, 2011
14. Naked in Death by J.D. Robb – Completed September 7, 2011
15. Among the Living by Jordan Castillo Price – Completed October 13, 2011
16. Without Fail by Lee Child – Completed October 30, 2011
17. Criss Cross by Jordan Castillo Price – Completed November 2, 2011
18. Persuader by Lee Child – Completed November 8, 2011
19. Strawberry Shortcake Murder by Joanne Fluke – Completed November 15, 2011
20. Get a Clue by Jill Shalvis – Completed November 18, 2011
21. Deadly Intent by Lynda La Plante – Completed December 2, 2011
22. Blueberry Muffin Murder by Joanne Fluke – Completed December 24, 2011
Looks like I’ll be signing up to this one again in 2012